ETS Corporate are pleased to place on the market this excellent homebased lifestyle business opportunity. The Owner has produced a very unique and turnkey operation, offering a reliable and high-quality cleaning agency with motivated staff, tapped from a unique demographic. She is selling as she wishes to travel. The business, which was established in April 2015 is fully staffed and has a turnover of £76,000 with an operating profit of £26,000.
The business is based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex and can be operated from anywhere however the client base is in Mid Sussex. The trading territory currently includes Hassocks, Burgess Hill, Hurstpierpoint, Sayers Common, Haywards Heath, Cuckfield, and Lindfield.
The business was set up there purely because of where the Owner resides however the area itself does have many advantages:
- On the commuter line so the service appeals to London commuters who work long hours.
- Parking and access to client’s homes is easy and convenient.
- The area is very family orientated so the service appeals to people with busy family lives who don’t have time for cleaning.
- There are continual housing developments within the area providing further work.
- There are also a lot of elderly clients within the area who need assistance with their cleaning.
The only requirements to operate the business are a car, laptop and mobile phone.
This very well presented, lifestyle opportunity was established by the Owner in April of 2015. She is selling because she wants to start a family but wants to travel whilst she has the opportunity.
The company began trading in April 2015 when the Owner undertook all the cleaning herself, and, as the business grew she employed staff to support the additional work. The business has continued to grow and operate in this fashion since.
It is a local cleaning company that undertakes all aspects of Domestic Cleaning chores. The mission statement of the business is: “To provide a friendly, professional and reliable domestic cleaning service which has all the reassurances of the bigger national companies but with the personal touch of a private cleaner.”
The unique selling points of the business are:
- Great reputation within the local area
- Easy to manage and maintain with simple spreadsheets
- Successful business model
- Based in an area with plenty of potential for continued growth
- Established core company whereby further services can be added (oven cleaning, carpet cleaning, office cleaning)
- Strong and established client base made up of regular customers
The business offer’s an unparalleled service of the highest standards whilst being extremely reliable.
There are presently 65 active clients, with around 30% of new clients coming from referrals. The other 70% come from Facebook.
There are 7 cleaning staff and the Owner has tapped into an a very successful employment demographic which has proven very effective. If an employee was given the responsibility of managing the day to day running of the business, it could be run from anywhere however all work is based within Mid Sussex.
What are the major strengths of the business?
- Strong client base of repeat customers
- Hard working and reliable staff committed to the success of the company
- Strong client relationships
- Based in an area where there is never a shortage of work
What are the major weaknesses of the business?
- Periods of staff sickness, this is currently managed by the Owner stepping in to cover work however other options would also be available.
What opportunities are there for the business?
- Continued growth within the area
- Wider geographical scope
- Linked associated services which could be add-ons
What are the main threats to the business?
- Potentially recession; cleaning is a luxury and could be something that is cut back by individuals in times of financial difficulty
Monday 9 am – 3 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 3 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 3 pm
Thursday 9 am – 3 pm
Friday. 9 am – 3 pm
Cleaning can be and is sometimes done at weekends to meet the clients’ needs but is purely at the discretion of the Owner.
Admin is usually undertaken ‘out of hours’ however again this can be done anytime. This takes around 3 hours per week, and includes organising rota’s, invoicing, payroll, speaking with clients etc.
The turnover of the business during the last financial year was £76,000, with an operating profit of £26,000. The price of the business has been determined by using a multiple of 1.5 of profit.
The business is re-locatable and operated and can be relocated to anywhere in the world.
These details do not constitute part of an offer or contract. The statements and descriptions given are made without warranties by Enthuse Transformations Ltd (Trading as ETS Corporate). The information contained herein has not been verified by Enthuse Transformations Ltd; complaints regarding the accuracy of the information contained herein will not be acknowledged. Purchasers should in all cases undertake financial due diligence using their own professional advisors before committing themselves in contract rather than relying on illustrations, figures and information given on behalf of the seller. Furthermore, any representations made by any representative of Enthuse Transformations Ltd regarding this business are subject to verification and should be independently corroborated.