ETS Corporate are pleased to place on the market this online holiday home business which services owners of (static caravans) holiday homes at Rockley Park, Poole Dorset. It can be operated from anywhere and has a great deal of potential for growth. The Owners of this business are looking to retire, and the turnover is £106,000 with a profit of just under £20,000.
This is a home-based business and was started when the Owners decided to semi-retire and purchased a holiday home at Rockley Park. The holiday homes are all situated in Poole, Dorset, with its beautiful sandy beaches and the Jurassic coastline.
There is first class entertainment throughout the park and Rockley Park is a 5* flagship park of Bourne Leisure and is expanding all the time. In the next 2 years, Rockley Park are extending the park into a hotel and more apartments
The business itself can be operated from anywhere.
This holiday homes rental business was established in 2014 and the Owners now wish to sell to travel more and retire.
The mission statement is “a family business offering first class customer service to holidaymakers and guests.”
The business is operated by a husband and wife team, working from home on behalf of owners of static caravans at Rockley Park in Poole, Dorset. They advertise the holiday homes on their website and 3 other websites, where holidaymakers can make enquires and book their forthcoming holiday’s. Quotes are also given via text message and telephone conversation and Facebook and messenger are also used.
The business is a complete process from the enquiry to the booking with a holding fee, and full payment 6 weeks prior to the arrival date. Included in the service are organising the holiday home, linen, and a welcome pack to enjoy their holiday at Rockley Park. When the guests leave, they clean and secure the van back, checking for damage and any inventory replacements, linen removed and made ready for the next guests, with guest’s deposits returned. Payments are also made direct to Owners. They work closely with Rockley Park and all holiday homes guests are registered through holiday lets to ensure either the key is released or as a courtesy that Rockley know who is in the holiday homes (when key combination locks are used).
The website for the business is www.seaview-escapes.com. It has excellent TripAdvisor reviews.
The unique selling points of the business are:
- Niche unopposed market
- A high level of trust with Owners
- A one stop service for owners
- A one stop service for holiday makers
- plenty of repeat business
- Offer several types of holiday home
- Many different locations on the park
What opportunities are there for the business?
- Ideally, a potential buyer may want to consider purchasing a holiday home so that they can experience the life style involved, by obtaining the 10 privilege cards for friends and family, so that they can use the owners club, with its own gym, bar and outside pool and entertainment area. We are more than happy to give advice in this area.
- The web developer is heavily involved in research and development, marketing and keeping the website (SEO) search engine optimisation to the highest level. They now offer GPS to find the holiday homes when the directions to the site are emailed to the guest. They also offer an interactive map that is being developed; a click on the map offers the overview of the holiday home and where its location is.
- Channel Manager is underway to offer the empty holiday homes on all website availability to get maximum output on the “rooms”.
- Back links are being worked on together with partnership discounts.
- Blogging on the site and reviews are being worked on now for release shortly.
- Also, “leave the holiday home and receive a feedback text.”
- Facebook, Twitter are next on the agenda to develop the vans and more owner input to showcase their product
- A specialist cleaning and dry-cleaning service could be offered.
- A maintenance service could be offered.
- New sites could be added to the portfolio
The operation has 4 self-employed staff as well as the Owners. They would be available for a full training and handover period as well as ongoing consultancy post sale if required. The developer could also be retained.
Any hours the business requires
The annual turnover is around £106,000 with a net profit of £19,217.
The business is fully re-locatable
Price: £39,995 plus assets
These details do not constitute part of an offer or contract. The statements and descriptions given are made without warranties by Enthuse Transformations Ltd (Trading as ETS Corporate). The information contained herein has not been verified by Enthuse Transformations Ltd; complaints regarding the accuracy of the information contained herein will not be acknowledged. Purchasers should in all cases undertake financial due diligence using their own professional advisors before committing themselves in contract rather than relying on illustrations, figures and information given on behalf of the seller. Furthermore, any representations made by any representative of Enthuse Transformations Ltd regarding this business are subject to verification and should be independently corroborated.